It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 takeshi's castle: a film log 
Post Re: takeshi's castle: a film log

takeshi wrote:
Other stuff I really liked this month:
Venus in Furs (Jesus Franco, 1969)
L'immortelle (Alain Robbe-Grillet, 1963)
The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes (Stan Brakhage, 1971)
Notre musique (Jean-Luc Godard, 2004)

Thoughts on these? Been meaning to rewatch Notre musique ever since I read all of the Divine Comedy.

You had a great month! I wish I saw that Tsai in theatres when I was in Portland. :( Also Le diable probablement is my favorite Bressy too. =D

Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:40 pm

It wasn't the Tsai I watched! It was another Asian movie with the same title haha. I was supposed to see the Tsai film with my girlfriend in a theatre but she broke up with me before we could and now I'm not even sure if I want to watch it at all due to the association.

Venus in Furs was great and better than the Polanski shitfest I saw. Surprised at Jess Franco actually making a (somewhat) sophisticated movie for once.

L'immortelle was fascinating and the B&W was genuinely stunning looking to me.

The Act of Seeing is up there with Dog Star Man for me. My band played a show and we put that up on a projector and it was so fitting.

Notre musique is up there with some of my favourite later era Godards. His approach to form and structure in his later work equally excites and inspires me.

"your review shows me only that you dont understand anything about movies and that you are a untalented wanna bee filmmaker with no balls and no understanding what POSTAL is. you dont see courage because you are nothing. and no go to your mum and fuck her …because she cooks for you now since 30 years ..so she deserves it." — Uwe Boll

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:00 am
Profile WWW

takeshi wrote:
My band played a show and we put that up on a projector and it was so fitting.

crass as fuck, dont do that again :down:

takeshi wrote:
Surprised at Jess Franco actually making a (somewhat) sophisticated movie for once.

watch She Killed in Ecstasy

Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:04 am

I will do it again. And again. And again. Then I'll watch She Killed in Ecstasy. Then I'll do it again.

"your review shows me only that you dont understand anything about movies and that you are a untalented wanna bee filmmaker with no balls and no understanding what POSTAL is. you dont see courage because you are nothing. and no go to your mum and fuck her …because she cooks for you now since 30 years ..so she deserves it." — Uwe Boll

Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:25 am
Profile WWW

takeshi wrote:
It wasn't the Tsai I watched! It was another Asian movie with the same title haha. I was supposed to see the Tsai film with my girlfriend in a theatre but she broke up with me before we could and now I'm not even sure if I want to watch it at all due to the association.

Venus in Furs was great and better than the Polanski shitfest I saw. Surprised at Jess Franco actually making a (somewhat) sophisticated movie for once.

L'immortelle was fascinating and the B&W was genuinely stunning looking to me.

The Act of Seeing is up there with Dog Star Man for me. My band played a show and we put that up on a projector and it was so fitting.

Notre musique is up there with some of my favourite later era Godards. His approach to form and structure in his later work equally excites and inspires me.

Ah. I've been trying to avoid finding out anything about the Tsai before watching it so I scrolled over your review as soon as I saw the title lol… I'm sorry to hear about what happened =(

I gotta rewatch L'Immortelle in better quality, I've only seen it in a crappy VHS rip with broken subtitles… and it still ruled.

Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2