It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 19491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 386, 387, 388, 389, 390  Next
 Sport 
Post Re: Sport

Andrew Ryan wrote:

Kubiak should start Osweiler.

Unless the officials get involved in an obvious way, I can't see Denver winning.

We'll see on Sunday, but I think there's lots of ways to see Denver winning. Great defense, running game is getting going, Manning's not throwing picks, Pats always struggle at Mile High. It might be a blowout, but this foregone conclusion that New England's got it in the bag seems silly to me.

Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:42 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

We'll see on Sunday, but I think there's lots of ways to see Denver winning. Great defense, running game is getting going, Manning's not throwing picks, Pats always struggle at Mile High. It might be a blowout, but this foregone conclusion that New England's got it in the bag seems silly to me.

Sure, any given Sunday. But Denver will be without Chris Harris this week which is tough, and will need to counter New England's sub -2.5 second pass release from Brady. Also, New England and Brady are 4-0 against Denver with Gronk and Edelman in the lineup.

Could be close.

Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:12 pm

I really hate the Broncos. Sorry Peyton but I can't root for you. Fuck Denver.

PS: Not the city, of course. I wish I had visited Denver when I went hiking in Colorado years ago.

The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)

Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:42 pm

It will be media suicide if Manning doesn't start.

Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:20 am

Harris is practicing, he's expected to play Sunday. The Broncos pass rush is as good as the Pats O line is bad, so that's about as good as you can hope for against Mr. Personality. If you discount outliers like Peyton throwing 4 picks or the defense just laying a complete egg, I think it will come down to the same things it always does against the Pats. Run the ball, get a pass rush, cover well, don't let Gronk get those giant plays, and don't make the big mistake, or numerous small mistakes, and hope for a bit of luck. I'm more worried about Kubiak just getting completely outcoached by some new Belichik voodoo, or the receivers dropping ten catches than I am about Brady's fast release or Peyton throwing the whole thing away. The Broncos need to make it an ugly, nasty, hard yardage old school football game, they certainly aren't going to win a shootout.

Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:47 am

I hope Manning throws 6 goddamn touchdown passes.

Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:09 pm

I just hope Manning doesn't actually die on the field, at this point. I doubt he completes more than 50% of his passes.

Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:11 pm

Bandy Greensacks wrote:
I doubt he completes more than 50% of his passes.

Less than 50% completions? Wanna put some money on that?

Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:14 pm

Evil Prevails wrote:
Less than 50% completions? Wanna put some money on that?

He'll probably end up in the 49-51% range. But no, I'm not THAT confident, lol

Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:19 pm

He completed 21 out of 37 passes with about a half-dozen obvious drops and another half-dozen iffy ones.

Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:24 pm

Allright no money bet. But make an avatar bet. A fedora avatar bet!

Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:14 pm
Profile YIM

Even though they're gonna lose, I just hope that the Broncos defense does same kind of significant damage to offenses like they have all season long. Brady in a body cast would be nice. Taking out either Edle or Gronk for the SB is a minimum. Don't let me down now, you muthafuckas. SWEEP THE LEG!

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:18 am

Belichick is totally gonna focus his attention on stopping the run and make Manning beat him deep. I really just don't know how effective Manning's gonna be without the extra rest. Osweiler just makes their offense more dynamic, and I think it's gonna take a mighty effort from Peyton for them to win, which I'm not sure he has in him.

Also, the Pats D is way underrated and if they get a couple turnovers, I think that'll be the difference. Should be a good game though. I think it being in Denver will make sure it's competitive.

Recently Seen: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice , Zootopia , 10 Cloverfield Lane

- "How's the pie?"
- "So good..."

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:40 am
Profile WWW

I fear the Eagles are fully transitioning into the NFC's answer to the Cleveland Browns, what a shit show.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:33 pm

Von Samuel wrote:
I fear the Eagles are fully transitioning into the NFC's answer to the Cleveland Browns, what a shit show.

I certainly hope not...

Honestly, I have no idea what to expect from this new regime.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:26 pm

Evil

Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:33 am

I feel like I watched a man get fucked to death by a pack of horses today, and I loved it.

Also, whose completion percentage was under 50% when all was said and done?

Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:16 am

Peyton was at or under 50% for most of the game, but yes, Brady was absolute dogshit. Probably his worst game as a pro.

Glad I'm not really a Patriots fan or a football fan, lol

Bring on Spring Training!

Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:38 am

2 second release!

Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:42 am

Bandy Greensacks wrote:
Peyton was at or under 50% for most of the game, but yes, Brady was absolute dogshit. Probably his worst game as a pro.

Glad I'm not really a Patriots fan or a football fan, lol

Bring on Spring Training!

Nah, he was very good at throwing away to avoid sacks in this game. His worst game as a pro was that MNF game in KC in 2014.

Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:54 am

The bad Pats o line combined with the amazing Denver pass rush is what won the game, and some damn sweet coverage by the secondary. Basically all game there was no one open and no time to find them if they were.

What a fucking game.

Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:57 am

The funny thing is that if the Patriots had kicked a field goal instead of going for it on 4th down the first time, they would've won the game with that last drive

Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:10 am

You live by the Belichik, you die by the Belichik. Probably won't be as bad (the outcry or whatever) as the 4th and 2 game, cause it's not that singular moment when the game was won or lost like that one was.

Also, Belichik was a big proponent of the XP's being moved back to make it less of a given, IIRC. lol

Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:17 am

Absolutely shocked that Carolina dominated Arizona. I wasn’t really a believer in Carolina for most of the season, but they caught on fire, and just surprised at them dismantling both Seattle and Arizona, something I just was not expecting. I thought Arizona just had too much firepower and didn’t think Palmer would implode. I think Carolina has something like 9 takeaways in their last 3 games. They should easily open the SB line as 4 or 5 point favorites.

Two sports personalities who I cannot stand correctly predicted the NE/DEN game; Colin Cowherd and Skip Bayless. They were exactly right.

New England played one of their worst games of the season, and were fortunate to have a chance to steal it at the end. Most of the chatter on sports radio over the past month on 98.5 was if NE could just turn it on come playoff time, seeing how they had lost 4 of their last 7 games due to a complete lack of offense and atrocious OL, which is unheard of over the last 15 years. But today is what happens when you are one dimensional and your OL turn into turnstiles. While I’m surprised they lost, Denver was smart to attack the biggest weakness on our team. I just didn’t think a 4 man rush would be that effective. There is no way to counter that, and Ware made such a huge difference.

2/15 Third Downs
No Ground Game at all
Tom Brady leads NE in rushing..
Terrible INT to Miller
4 sacks, 18 hurries, 24 QB Hits.
Missed extra point
I can block better than Marcus Cannon
By the 4th Quarter, Brady had no trust in his OL, rushed reads
18 total points
NE Defense holds Denver to 122 yards and 6 points for final 43 minutes of game....and still loses
Why go for it on 4th down and 6, one of the red zone trips in 4th quarter should have ended in points?

While OL was shredded, and Brady made some terrible decisions, Belichick deserves some harsh criticism for the 4th quarter 4th down calls, where they finally were able to move the ball. 51% of the Patriot's total yards were earned in the final 15 minutes.

3 yards of offense for Denver in final 10 minutes. The criticism of how this game was coached needs to be loud.

(We) Patriot fans are spoiled and unrelatable due to the absurd success of this team. I watched this game at my Patriot’s bar in Santa Monica, Sonny McCleans, and while everyone around me was drowning in sorrow, the owner of the bar really said it best - One day this era will come to an end, so people should cherish it while it lasts.

this is painful tho
Gronk is WIDE OPEN on 2 pt attempt

Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:44 pm

Peyton didn't die on the field. Also the Panthers are scary good. Hoping this Super Bowl isn't a blow out.

"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)

Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:37 am

The Bad Guy wrote:

I certainly hope not...

Honestly, I have no idea what to expect from this new regime.

I don't expect much. I'm holding my breath on the Sam Bradford decision, for me it's a no-brainer; he's the best option out there and should be resigned, but I suspect they are waffling.

Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:02 pm

I'm sure Kaepernick will be available soon.

Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:14 pm

Kaepernick isn't going anywhere just yet, with his skill set Chip Kelly will at least try him out for a year.

Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:31 pm

Twas a joke, Blake. Kelly actually said he was trying to figure out a way to get Kap if he went to another team. 'Course, he might have just been giving San Fran and Kap the old shine on with that statement, before convincing Trent Baalke to send Kap and a first and second to Detroit for Mathew Stafford, that's the magic of Chip Kelly.

Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:53 pm

Heh yeah Chip will probably try to trade away the entire 49ers roster.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:45 pm

MadMan wrote:
Heh yeah Chip will probably try to trade away the entire 49ers roster.

He doesn't get to make those moves this time.

Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:59 pm

Well it shows the 49ers learned something.

Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:40 pm

https://streamable.com/3mg9

Is this real life?

Curry is definitely this generation's Jordan. Changing the game one three at a time.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:31 pm

Curry is insane. I am glad to live in the Bay Area so I can see all of their games.

Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:56 am

I have Denver winning today. By six. Go go Peyton Manning, I guess.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Carolina 24
Denver 16

almost arthouse

Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:44 am
Profile WWW

Fucking sick with stress already. I shouldn't get so wrapped up.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:46 am

Manning is probably thinking "I could be in a wheelchair and still win another Super Bowl with this defense."

Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:50 pm

Guess what that defensive line did to Brady wasn't a fluke. Newton looked even worse.

So who's the least important Super Bowl winning quarterback? Trent Dilfer or 2016 Peyton Manning?

Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:04 pm

Bandy Greensacks wrote:
So who's the least important Super Bowl winning quarterback? Trent Dilfer or 2016 Peyton Manning?

Ah, there we are.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:08 pm

Sorry, have to troll at least a little bit. I had a feeling Carolina wasn't going to be able to deal with that D line, though.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:20 pm

damn, that was an all-time dominate defensive run in the playoffs and Denver caught so many nice breaks that every SB winning team needs (Toussaint fumble in round divisional round, Gostowski missed XP in Conf game).

Hard to comprehend a team going 1/14 on third down, and finishing with the lowest offensive yardage total in SB history and still winning.

MVP - Wade Philips and that unlimited pressure.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:05 pm

I feel dirty for winning 10 bucks off of Denver but I'm still drinking so it's all good.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:34 pm

Congrats Evil! I don't think there's any question Denver's D is one of the all-time greats.

I will say though, I was really disappointed with the Super Bowl in terms of quality of play, beside Denver's D of course. I've been saying this to everyone throughout the season, but feel like I have to cap it off now that the season is over and done with. I'm a huge NFL fan, but overall I think this was the worst season of football I've seen in a loooooooong time. Plagued with an insane amount of injuries, bad officiating, and just overall a very mediocre product at best. It sucks the season's over cause now I've got nothing to do on Sundays, but geez, I really hope the product comes back with a vengeance next year.

Recently Seen: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice , Zootopia , 10 Cloverfield Lane

- "How's the pie?"
- "So good..."

Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:04 am
Profile WWW

The Great One wrote:
Congrats Evil! I don't think there's any question Denver's D is one of the all-time greats.

Hey thanks! I of course loved the game for obvious reasons, but also watching all the Bronco's games this year gave me a real appreciation for nasty defensive slugfests, so I enjoyed it on that level as well. Von Miller is going to be as ubiquitous as JJ Watt in the next couple years, I hope I don't grow to hate him too.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:57 am

Manning's shameless plugs for Budweiser made me regret rooting for him.

Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:22 am

Von Samuel wrote:

Heh yep. Budweiser sucks.

Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:54 pm

Von Samuel wrote:

It wasn't the story about him forcefully sitting on a woman's face with his bare ass in college?

Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:43 am

Bandy Greensacks wrote:
It wasn't the story about him forcefully sitting on a woman's face with his bare ass in college?

And then went to smearing said highly respected trainer's reputation? He got straight up ethered recently, and I hope it's the first of many - because the Mannings are cunts.

Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:00 pm

Edit: fuck it.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 19491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 386, 387, 388, 389, 390  Next