It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 7108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143  Next
 The Crew - If you think you're part of it, then you are. 
Post Re: The Crew - If you think you're part of it, then you are.

ahhaha. I dont thinK I ever saw that.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:51 pm
Profile YIM

Then it must have been a minor meme.

The Blu was delivered today. I'll go so far as to say that USPS is attempting to scam Amazon, by claiming to have stayed within the 2-day delivery window when they sure as hell did not. I'm kind of glad I called about it. Not only does it hack me off as a customer of both outfits when that happens (waaay too often lately), but Amazon is paying them an agreed upon rate for 2-day delivery. Not 2-day fakery.

So I watched Wonder Woman in 3D tonight. The dimensional effect is usually subtle. And Jenkins never plays with the Z axis, at lest not that I noticed.

Still, I liked the movie better than I did the first time I watched. I've written often about how a second viewing often helps a film (at least it often heightens my opinion if it).

In the 1960s when I was but a slip of a lad, my favorite super heroes were The Flash, Wonder Woman and Spiderman.

"The wealthy and powerful always remind us that cream rises to the top.
What they fail to acknowledge is that pond scum also rises to the top.
And there is a lot more pond scum in the world than there is cream.
If you become rich and powerful, I hope that you will be cream rather than pond scum." --YTMN

Rematch Resurrection Catalog for Rounds 1-4 New post 180721 -- YTMN's Remake Rematch Thread.
Thread Resurrected 21 Jul 2018. Thread abandoned 1 Aug 2017. Thread COMPLETE 25 May 14 (2d time!)

The Future Unreels

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:11 pm

I'm only here to vent. Ignore this post.

I have an ASUS laptop that I acquired in 2014. I upgraded Win 8.1 to Win 10 v1507. I then cloned my drive to an SSD. It successfully updated to v1511, but has stubbornly resisted every attempt to update the OS since then.

I just spent my third all-day (8 hours) session trying everything recommended on the various forums and tech pages that MS offers. Once again, to no avail. But now my version is not supported with security updates...sucks.

I could spend $190 for a retail download of Win 10 Pro (like I got because I had Win 7 Pro on my desktop)...but what if it still wouldn't install on a reformatted SSD? You can't get your money back.

At this moment I want to remove everything Microsoft fm every computer I have. But I rely on Office for work, and I don't think Adobe Creative cloud is available for Unbuntu.

I'm literally feeling sick, and I'm getting ready to go stream Lost in Space (2018) on Netflix.

This is rambling and makes no sense. I was just typing.

In conclusion:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you become rich and powerful, I hope that you will be cream rather than pond scum." --YTMN

Rematch Resurrection Catalog for Rounds 1-4 New post 180721 -- YTMN's Remake Rematch Thread.
Thread Resurrected 21 Jul 2018. Thread abandoned 1 Aug 2017. Thread COMPLETE 25 May 14 (2d time!)

The Future Unreels

Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:18 am

Watched the first two episodes of the great-looking mindless reboot of Lost in Space.

The Future Unreels

Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:40 am

If you've already upgraded to windows 10 you DO NOT need to pay for a new copy of WIndows 10. WIndows 10 will activate fine once you inztall it again. Microsoft offers the iso's on their website. So you can do a fresh install to the latest build. Or download the latest build and update to it that way. Just dont pay for something you already have.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:58 pm
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
If you've already upgraded to windows 10 you DO NOT need to pay for a new copy of WIndows 10. WIndows 10 will activate fine once you inztall it again. Microsoft offers the iso's on their website. So you can do a fresh install to the latest build. Or download the latest build and update to it that way. Just dont pay for something you already have.

I have Win 10 Home on the ASUS and it would be nice to have Win 10 Pro on there. I had Win 7 Pro on my desktop, so it updated to Win 10 Pro. You have control over when downloads can be added, etc that you don't have with Home.

But I have a few other things to try before I would stoop to buying the more powerful version for a second machine.

The Future Unreels

Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:34 pm

Oh that's easy. Easy upgrade to windows 10 Pro. Enable Preview Builds. That upgrades you to Win10pro without having to re-install. Other thing you'd have to do is install Windows 7 Pro "activate" it and then run the upgrade to windows 10 via usb or download. Then you have a proper Windows 10 Pro activated device.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:10 pm
Profile YIM

But, Ace, the main problem I'm facing is that nothing I've tried while following dozens of suggestions on the internet has ever allowed my ASUS laptop to update past Win 10 v 1511. It did one update, and then it has failed to update on every one of over 60 occasions (that I've counted) since 2016. Now MS doesn't support that version of Win 10 with security updates.

My other two Win 10 machines are still getting security updates because they are at Win 10 v1703. But neither of them will update to 1709.

So I have three machines that are currently stuck. The only way forward may be to clean install Win10 (whatever version the individual machine qualifies for) which will wipe out everything on the drive and i'll have to rebuild it all over again.

I knwo this isn't required. But what I'm saying is that none of the choices using the ISO for updating works. it fails on reboot. "The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during BOOT operation" is the message the ASUS gives me. The desktop tells me it failed for an "unknown" reason. (Yeah, imagine that!). And the HP laptop gave no reason for failure. It just doesn't update, and rolls back to the earlier installation every time. In fact, all three machines roll back to the previous installation. Always after nearly an hour of downloading and setting up. It's not made to easily tell you what went wrong, and I was too tired to try the tracing interpreting virtual gadget that's built into the system. But you have to use an elevated command line.

MS has made the operating system much more of a pain in the ass than any previous Windows. Is it any wonder that they're losing market share in newly purchased laptops? But what to they do? They retrench and make it even worse of an environment for users while chirping how they're making it all better!

The Future Unreels

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:55 am

Oh doing a clean install doesnt wipe out your data. It tells you there's already a version of windows installed and that it will move everything over to the Windows.old folder. And that should be able to keep your data while doing a fresh install to the latest version of windows.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:24 am
Profile YIM

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/04/23/2001-a-space-odyssey-what-it-means-and-how-it-was-made

Thought of Gort.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:12 am
Profile WWW

Gort wrote:
Watched the first two episodes of the great-looking mindless reboot of Lost in Space.

I must admit that after seeing all 10 episodes, it isn't as mediocre at the end as it seemed at the beginning.

It's certainly better than the miserable, silly Irwin Allen show that I suffered through once in a while back in the 1960s. I bought the Blu-ray set though. Why? Because I had never seen any episode from the 3rd season. Wasn't any better. The thing is, you can riff to the first season shows. By the third season it's not even riff-worthy.

The 2018 is superior although not as humorous.

The Future Unreels

Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:24 am

It's nice to be thought of!
Dan Chiasson wrote:
If the first wave of audiences was baffled, it might have been because “2001” had not yet created the taste it required to be appreciated.

You know, all three of the personal favorite films that I've decided to rate share some aspects.
1) Ivan's Childhood (Tarkovsky, 1962)
2) 2001: a Space Odyssey (Kubrick, 1968)
3) Rocket Science (Blitz, 2007)

Not a one is mainstream. Not a one rushes through to tell its story. Not a one is like any other film I've ever seen. That hadn't occurred to me until I read the Chiasson article. Thanks for the link.

The Future Unreels

Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:48 am

And I'm not sure I would've ever gotten around to seeing Ivan's Childhood or Rocket Science without talking to you online.
I own both now and have watched the former twice and the later 3 times. I owned 2001: a Space Odyssey prior to our interactions.

This makes me curious: do you have a #4 and #5? I remember seeing your top 3 over the years and have kind of just assumed that was the end of your rankings.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:25 am
Profile WWW

Hank wrote:
This makes me curious: do you have a #4 and #5? I remember seeing your top 3 over the years and have kind of just assumed that was the end of your rankings.

You're right. I have ranked only those three movies. It doesn't mean that all the other thousands that I've seen would rank the same, but I get to 4th place and there are probably dozens, hundreds maybe that could fit in there.

Weird, I know.

--------------------------

Just had my third viewing of Mars Needs Moms (Simon Wells, 2011) Hyped after my first viewing, I looked it up online and found that it has a lot of hate directed toward it. If not hate, whatever would qualify as projections of mediocrity.

I can't find anything wrong with the film. Nothing. I've loved it every time and I don't know when my next viewing will be, but it will be 3D like tonight's. And I will enjoy it all over again!

--------------------------
I also like that new avatar. :up: :heart:

The Future Unreels

Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:53 am

I've always felt so overwhelmed when attempting to rank any films. I feel like maybe I could see sitting down and ranking films I've watched the most. That's quantifiable.
Off the top of my head, that list would include films like The Princess Bride,Die Hard, and Back to the Future. Hm. I might take a closer look at that at some point.
------
Just added Mars Needs Moms to my library queue. You weren't kidding when you said your opinion differs from the interwebz opinion of it- but I'll pick it up for a family movie night, for sure.
------
Thanks! My waterfall paintings have been selling very well at my shows. Probably my most popular subject matter.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:58 pm
Profile WWW

Hank wrote:
Just added Mars Needs Moms to my library queue. You weren't kidding when you said your opinion differs from the interwebz opinion of it- but I'll pick it up for a family movie night, for sure.

Be aware ahead of time that it isn't likely to be what you expect, and you should find what you can enjoy. It isn't a mystery, and it is aimed at children. So if you can figure out what's going to happen next, who cares? There is one point where I didn't see something coming, so I guess Simon Wells surprised me there.

I would actually like to understand what kind of story a 9-year old (like the main character) would see in this movie. Because I'm fairly certain that it wouldn't be as complex as the story I see when I watch. But I also get the sense that Milo (the main character) is written as if he were genuinely 9-years old. A precocious 9-year old, but he certainly never approaches anything that's happening to him with an adult point of view. Unusual for family films where the 4- and 5-year old main characters often act like they're between 35 and 40 years old.

The Future Unreels

Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:33 am

Hank wrote:
Thanks! My waterfall paintings have been selling very well at my shows. Probably my most popular subject matter.
Very nice! Of course my favorite Hank painting of all:

Voyage | Female Gaze | MACBETH | Sokurov | Fassbinder | Greenaway | Denis | Sono | my bookshelf

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:18 am

Aww...From my prime posting days! <3

Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:27 pm
Profile WWW

Every night I sit in the hallway between my kids rooms and read a book. I'm considering starting the Harry Potter series for the summer. I've never read a word or seen any of the films.

Sometimes I find myself putting off things that are extremely popular only because they are popular. Annoyingly popular that is.
If too many people say things like, "Oh you've just got to see this!!!" or "What do you mean you haven't read this??" Then yeah.... I will probably not be reading or seeing that for a long time.

That's what happened with Harry Potter. My really annoying college room mate was obsessed to the point where I actively didn't want anything to do with it.

Sat May 05, 2018 10:36 am
Profile WWW

It's good book. I enjoy it. It's not for everyone. My friend didn't seem to like the first one cuz the first few chapters were so miserable for Harry. Although with a nice hint of magic.

Sat May 05, 2018 10:53 am
Profile YIM

I think the kids will like it, so I am willing to give it a shot. We've enjoyed reading books, then following it up with movies in the past.

Sun May 06, 2018 9:48 am
Profile WWW

Today, I finally decided to release myself from one of my low-pay part-time jobs. Need more time to take care of Mom. She won't let me
hire a sitter for part of the time I'm away, and she won't get one of those "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up" services, either. She
doesn't like being alone at the house. And, honestly, she doesn't need to be. She doesn't have Alzheimer's, but she still has dementia.
Even her long term memories are jumbled, now. And short term memories are touch and go. Sometimes they form, usually they don't.
It's like living in the movie Memento!

I'm beginning to seriously consider the plans I'll have to make to get a small mobile home on my rural patch of inherited land
so that when she finally goes, I won't be totally homeless. I'll have to scale them back. Had planned to try to work
another two years if she lives that long, and save up all my SSA money. But that wasn't really going to happen.

So, I hope all your plans to be financially solvent and well-heeled by the time you're 66 work out for you. Mine didn't.
And it wasn't always my doing, I might point out. Sometimes it was my poor choices (like not buying Microsoft or Apple
stock in the 1980s). Other times it was the fallout from events beyond my control. And, of course, I got tired of running
the video production business in 2000 and got myself a full-time job that ended (due to the terrorist attacks in NY and DC,
believe it or not) in 2002. A month after I turned 50 and was, thus, no longer employable.

In 2008 I was in negotiations to start up my production business again, and was almost to the point of making a trip to
scout the locations and develop a proposal, when the stock market crashed. The bank that owned the prospect company
crashed. Another bank took it over immediately, and declared that for 6 months to a year there would be no outside contracts
issued by the company. So those 6 video projects vanished. just. like. that.

Boom!

Just know this: despite the work you may put into collecting assets and money, your success is mostly due to
good luck. Nothing else. Success bias will rob you of the ability to see that, if you're a normal well-off person, though. :D

The Future Unreels

Thu May 10, 2018 9:43 am

Hank wrote:
I'm considering starting the Harry Potter series for the summer. I've never read a word or seen any of the films.

At Christmastime I had some gift cards and a set called Harry Potter Hogwart's Collection was on sale. I bought it.

It's got 31 discs: Blu-rays and DVDs. Plus, the final two films were made in 3D so it has those, too. I haven't even checked these discs to see if they will play!
There are too many of them. It's overwhelming. And there are digital copies of all 8 films that I have at VUDU.

I've read all seven books. I've seen three of the films in the theater, seen the fourth one from disc, and haven't seen the final three movies.
I bought the first four films as used DVDs.

When the books first came out there were Christian groups in the US that boycotted the books and raised protests in front of bookstores
due to the witchcraft in the books. Probably none of the protesters had read a word of the books. But it sure was good publicity for Scholastic Books!

When the first film was due out I borrowed the first four books (all that had been published at the time) from my sons. I read them all in the week before
the film premiere. Then I went to see the movie. For the other three films I saw, I had read the books long before the films came out and the memory
of the written story wasn't so fresh in my mind when viewing.

They're good. I'm not sure why they made Rowling the richest author who ever lived. Maybe it was the well-created world of muggles and magic.
I guess they're still pretty good sellers.

The Future Unreels

Fri May 11, 2018 7:12 am

The books came out while I was in school. I still remember bootlegging the last book because I didn't have the money to buy it. I did end up buying the book collection on paperback tho. They're not that long even tho they sometimes get into the 600 pages. They're double spaced. So yeah. And as to why they were so popular? It caught our imagination. Here was a world that was in OUR world but hiding in plain sight. Although a lot of kids didn't now it took place in the UK until the movies haha.

Fri May 11, 2018 7:54 am
Profile YIM

My favorite scene from the first book is Harry's first night at Hogwart's. Everyone sings the school song. Each to his or her own favorite melody. I laughed out loud.

Wasn't surprised it wasn't in the movie, though. It's a verbal joke. Not one that would translate well to film.

The Future Unreels

Fri May 11, 2018 11:35 am

I can't believe it!

2005016 page views. The silly thread went past 2 million page views, and I haven't touched it in 10 months!

And...two months ago I was going to show a co-worker how all the pix have disappeared from my 40+ pages of thread...except on her machine that had no cache of the pages, many of the images still show up.

:-/

EDIT: In the time it took me to compose this post, the tally went to 2005045.

The Future Unreels

Sat May 12, 2018 11:05 am

Gort wrote:
I can't believe it!

2005016 page views. The silly thread went past 2 million page views, and I haven't touched it in 10 months!

And...two months ago I was going to show a co-worker how all the pix have disappeared from my 40+ pages of thread...except on her machine that had no cache of the pages, many of the images still show up.

:-/

EDIT: In the time it took me to compose this post, the tally went to 2005045.
That's odd; any plans of reviving that thread, perhaps...?

Sun May 13, 2018 10:33 am

Nah. Who'd read it?

The Future Unreels

Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 am

The tally of 3D movies in my collection is now at--
duddle duddle duddle duddle duddle duddle duddle duddle duddle duddle duddle duddle (that's a drum roll)
99!

I just watched The House of Magic (released in the US as Thunder and etc) in 3D. I don't have
any young kids any longer, but as I've written before, when I became a father I realized how many good films
I had missed simply because I wasn't a kid anymore. After my kids were older, and as they became adults, and
as they have eased into middle age, I have continued to watch any "family" films that I think might be interesting.
It's very easy and painless since the advent of tapes, then discs, and then streaming.

Thunder and the House of Magic has amazing 3D, good character design, as much cute as you'd ever find in a
film from Pixar, Disney or Blue Sky Productions. The plot is predictable...but not for the target audience, so much.
And youngsters don't really ever complain "Oh, I've seen that all before." I think kids tend to look at most films
as a self-contained object, and watching it as a self-contained experience. It's only when we get older
that we turn into impossible to please shitheads.

So, I enjoyed it. Sure it's fluff, but it's beautiful fluff. And the disc was less than 10 bucks.

A cynical 13-year old might not enjoy it as much as a 9 or 10 year-old would. Some of it would be frightening and
incomprehensible to a 2 or 3 year-old. But the character design, texture mapping, key-frame animation, lighting,
and little touches are at a very high level. You'll see a lot of scenes with a few dust motes floating in a stream of
bright light coming through a window into a darkened room, for example.

I haven't learned what the budget was for this Belgian-French co-production (EDIT: it was $34,000,000), but Wikipedia
notes that "The film grossed $4,091 in North America, plus $64,193,114 overseas, for a combined gross of $64,197,205."
This, friends, is why the international market (what we so egotistically call "overseas" here in the states) is so important to films today.

The Future Unreels

Mon May 14, 2018 9:49 am

Watched the 3D Avatar Blu-ray that I bought last year tonight.

The only other time I saw the movie was in 2011. That was an anaglyph DVD that was meant as a screener. The 3D Blu looked much better.

The Future Unreels

Sat May 19, 2018 11:28 am

Did you see it in theaters? That had such a great depth to it in theaters. It's essentially what kicked off the 3D fad.

Sat May 19, 2018 2:35 pm
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
Did you see it in theaters? That had such a great depth to it in theaters. It's essentially what kicked off the 3D fad.

No film has topped it since. Probably have to wait for Avatar 2.

Sat May 19, 2018 3:06 pm

I think the only film that got close to it was How to Train your Dragon 3D.

Sat May 19, 2018 3:29 pm
Profile YIM

I did not see Avatar in the theaters. I was unemployed when it came out and couldn't pay the $15.00 for a ticket at the theater in Little Rock to see it in 3D.

Cameron's work is hit or miss with me, so I didn't even have the possibility of knowing that I would probably like it. And without assurance of liking it and without two nickels to rub together, I had to sit it out, and see it on discs.

But last night I sat 5.5 feet away from a 55" screen with surround sound. Believe it or not, it was very close to a theatrical viewing.

And I don't expect you to believe it. It's just, what reason would I have to lie to you about that?

This morning I read some critiques of Avatar posted across the years. It is amazing how few people realize that their reaction to any artwork is 100% subjective. How few people realize that there are only two genuine reports: "I liked it" or "I didn't like it" in the responses to any artwork. And both responses are totally valid.

Instead they go off the deep end trying to explain why the others who disagree with them are "wrong." A waste of typing energy. DONNA BRITT did write in this post "Each day, racism wounds real people, not fictional 3-D creatures, and denies their real lives. Each day, my own motives confound me; how can I pretend to see into James Cameron’s heart, or into the hearts of those whose differing interpretation of his movie — and everything else — is based on their own indelible experience?"

That's right. You bring yourself to the viewing of any visual artwork, and to any hearing of an auditory artwork. My response to any film tells a lot more about me than it does about the film.

And, as I wrote in this thread, or the Rematch thread, or...somewhere on the Corrie...having watched nearly all the films I wrote about in the Rematch thread more than twice, I know that how I feel and what I'm preoccupied with when I begin watching a movie affects my response to it hugely. I doubt that you are any different when it comes to watching films. :)

Also, I stand by my assertion that any artwork is created for those who like it, and not for those who don't.

The Future Unreels

Sun May 20, 2018 2:44 am

Got my used 3D disc sets for Tangled and Brave today. The Tangled set was missing the DVD. In its place is the 3D Blu ray disc for The Lion King (the 3D conversion they made from the original, but that I haven't seen). I kind of liked the movie when I took my two little guys to see it in 1994. I figured the 12-year old would probably like it a lot less than his 8-year old brother. But, nope. They both liked it enough to beg me to take them to see it again.

So I did.

An unexpected 3D movie.

A little bonus, there, eh, Ace?

The Future Unreels

Wed May 23, 2018 9:07 am

Wow. That's a nice catch. I think that 3D disc is hard to find now since they only re-released it without the 3D disc

Wed May 23, 2018 9:56 am
Profile YIM

Also Gort have you seen Infinity War?

Wed May 23, 2018 9:56 am
Profile YIM

I haven't seen Infinity War.

The Future Unreels

Wed May 23, 2018 11:17 am

You should. Some good subtle use of 3D. Also Cuz it's good. I might have shed a tear or two at a certain scene.

Wed May 23, 2018 11:27 am
Profile YIM

Stu wrote:
That's odd; any plans of reviving that thread, perhaps...?

Despite Gort's flippant answer (as if we were two different people), if I could park all the graphics on this site I might finish Round Four.
But I'm not sure Epi and Jedi would be able to bear the expense of the traffic. Epi once killed an off-site ani-gif avatar I was using because
of the traffic load it generated. For a while I used a Gort avatar that was a square the same color as the Corrie bg with a 1-pixel border just
inside the edge. People complained. So I made the puppet avatar for it. The YTMN avatar is an ani-gif that's located on the Corrie.

I'd have to get Epi's and Jedi's buy-in for the MBs of on-site graphics. I'm pretty sure I could link to the images in the regular way.
I haven't uploaded any images directly to the Corrie in so long that I don't remember if each gets its own URL.

But the cost of our playpen is borne by those two gents, and I don't know whether they have unlimited traffic or not.

The Future Unreels

Fri May 25, 2018 10:28 am

There is a very simple solution to the idea that the religious rights of persons are violated if they are in business publicly,
yet refuse to cater to a protected minority on the basis of their strongly held religious beliefs, should they ever be
required by statute to serve those persons.

All business owners who would discriminate against, say, same-sex couples who wished to marry by refusing to serve them
as caterers, cake bakers, wedding planners, or photographers should be required by statute to display a placard that states
this unequivocally outside the entrance to their place of business. This is only fair to prospective customers.

The business operators get to express their rights, as they see it. On the other hand, since the practice of the business is
stated clearly before a patron enters the place of business, it would be stupid of a couple to bait the business by demanding
or even calmly requesting the service that the business provides to those of whom they approve. This would cut down on the
business operator's need to express their intention to not serve same-sex couples wishing to marry.

At the same time, it would allow other prospective patrons of the business to withhold their support of the announced
practice by choosing to shop elsewhere. Or to support the discriminatory practice by trading at the establishment.
At the same time it also makes moot any need to mount an organized protest movement with signs and loud shouts
outside the business location.

Those who agree with the owner's purported religious rights, would support the store. Those who disagreed with the stance,
would withhold their dollars from that business establishment. As I wrote above, trying to bait the owner by entering the
store and asking for what they have clearly and publicly stated that they will not provide would make you appear foolish, and
perhaps illiterate.

The practice also has the eloquent result of forcing all business owners who view their religious beliefs as "rights" to
put their beliefs to the soundest of tests: the thriving of a livelihood or the demise of that livelihood based on complete
knowledge possessed by all comers. In more colloquial terms, they would be required by law to "put their money where their mouth is."

I would like that.

The Future Unreels

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:11 am

YouTookMyName wrote:
Despite Gort's flippant answer (as if we were two different people), if I could park all the graphics on this site I might finish Round Four.
But I'm not sure Epi and Jedi would be able to bear the expense of the traffic.
Do you know about the recent change of ownership at Photobucket? They offer a $70/year plan now. Of course, we've been burned by them before... Still, I signed up.

Voyage | Female Gaze | MACBETH | Sokurov | Fassbinder | Greenaway | Denis | Sono | my bookshelf

Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:23 pm

I had not heard about that. Does it include hot-linking? I assume so, or why would you have told me about it? :D

The Future Unreels

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:00 am

C'mon Gorty. We were burnt by the old owners. Not the new ones.

The Future Unreels

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:02 am

I guess we could give it a try. But only if you pay.

The Future Unreels

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:03 am

Since I'm the only real one of us, that would make sense, I guess.

The Future Unreels

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:03 am

Haha!

Yes, it includes hot-linking, as I understand it. (Otherwise I paid for nothing!)

Also, the turnover included a temporary hot-linking reprieve, which is, I think, why I can still see all your images.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:30 am

Thought about this all night.

Big question: do I want to do all the remaining work to the same level that I wanted to complete Round Four of the thread ten months ago?
Completing it was simply a goal because I didn't want to quit something I had begun in the middle.

I gave you the final say in the original thread. That was on purpose. I liked your final comment. It seemed a fine ending.

Now there is the opportunity to complete Round Four in a part II thread.

Should I?

Do I really want to do all the work?

Have I lost my rhythm?

The Future Unreels

Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:25 am

In case you don't remember it went like this:

Shieldmaiden wrote:
Aw. It's just my nostalgic mournfulness talking. I always read your thread!

If I hadn't let your post be the capstone, I'd have written: Aww. Thank you very much.

Which I have done, now. :)

Shieldmaiden wrote:
I honestly don't know how my thread could be a draw without pictures. Do lurkers even read?

The answer to that is clearly that they do. My thread's up to 2041462 page views as of yesterday.
And your thread continued to get views and comments even without the old pix.

The Future Unreels

Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:33 am

Gort wrote:
Should I?

Do I really want to do all the work?

Have I lost my rhythm?
I can't answer these questions! But, I can tell you I've not regretted going back to my thread. (And I re-did all my links before I found out Photobucket was back!)

I doubt I'll ever watch/write at the pace I used to, but it still feels worthwhile.

Quote:
And your thread continued to get views and comments even without the old pix.
Do I dare to hope for a million views?

Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 7108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143  Next