It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6917 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 139  Next
 The Crew - If you think you're part of it, then you are. 
Post Re: The Crew - If you think you're part of it, then you are.

I really enjoyed it. So did my 7 year old... the others went out tonight while the two of us had a good time with popcorn and a movie. He liked it so much that he even sat through the making of features afterward.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:11 am
Profile WWW

Hank wrote:
Getting ready to pop it in now... it says it is from the makers of Coraline, have you seen that one? I have. Thought the animation was gorgeous, but don't remember too much else.

Soooo, how did the kiddies like ParaNorman? And what did you and Mrs. Hank think of it?

I have the theme song playing in my head a lot. It's a sweet little theme.

When I saw that you had posted I thought I might just dig out the disc and watch the film again.

I haven't seen Coraline. But my bro and nephew have and they liked it. They also liked ParaNorman, but not as much as I do.

If you become rich and powerful, I hope that you will be cream rather than pond scum." --YTMN

YTMN's Remake Rematch Thread. Catalog Rounds 1-3
Thread abandoned 1 Aug 2017. Thread COMPLETE 25 May 14 (2d time!)
Images will disappear about 13 Feb 2018 forever.
I had fun. Thanks for reading!

The Future Unreels will also lose all its images on the same day. But just think about how many images Jedi has on Photobucket, and the other posters here.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:35 am

It had quite the mixture of horror, comedy, action and it even had some nice understated moments. The animation was beautiful.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:52 am
Profile WWW

Hey, Hank.

I've got like 5 completed pieces and a camera with a broken view protector, so no pictures. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:17 am

Das wrote:
Hey, Hank.

I've got like 5 completed pieces and a camera with a broken view protector, so no pictures. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Hey, Das. Glad to hear you're staying motivated... not so glad to hear about the camera though.

What am I doing? Well, as far as work goes I have done a lot of paintings/ ink washes lately... um... by a lot I mean as much as I can with 4 kids. Adding 3 foster boys certainly changes my working habits. I have fallen behind on picture taking too, but I don't have the excuse of a broken camera. Here's two of my most recently photographed:

I look forward to seeing what you've been up to. I might find time to upload an in-progress work that I'm not sure about to get another opinion on...

Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:32 am
Profile WWW

4 kids sounds like too much work to me.

I have two of them up and web ready, need to re-work the photography on the last complete piece, the first was very hard to photograph, and I'm still not quite happy with the outcome, some of the darker reds and more subtle blues get blown out, thinking of trying scanning it.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/161a6233b8eb ... 1_1280.png
(haha..exceeds the forum's pixel height limit.)
http://24.media.tumblr.com/bb0d109a9c4f ... 1_1280.png
edit- this and this too.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/c005c86512e5 ... 1_1280.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/9b8fc5f25883 ... 1_1280.png

Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:43 am

So, how have you artists been getting along with your work the past couple months?

I crave an update.

If you become rich and powerful, I hope that you will be cream rather than pond scum." --YTMN

The Future Unreels will also lose all its images on the same day. But just think about how many images Jedi has on Photobucket, and the other posters here.

Tue May 27, 2014 12:12 pm

Hey Das, the woman in your avatar looks familiar... is that Teri Gender Bender?

Thu May 29, 2014 4:18 pm

I think this thread has become invisible.

The Future Unreels

Sat May 31, 2014 11:46 pm

Wow, life has gotten hectic, but in a good sense.

My video editing project will commence next Monday, and has to be completed 2 weeks later.

I have a new student for English tutoring who wants 3 sessions each week. That will give me a session each evening M-F.

There is the prospect that I will edit an astrophysics Doctoral Dissertation manuscript for English content between now and the 24th.

After all that is done, will I get to convert my nine novels to Kindle and nook formats?

Who knows? I thought I'd be in the thick of that conversion project by now, with the Rematch thread completed, but I inexplicably became rather popular. :D

And the Rematch thread has had 11750 page views since I made my last post. I'll never figure that out. I guess Genie is correct: lurkers.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:53 am

Happy father's day YTMN!

Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:52 pm
Profile WWW

Hank wrote:
Happy father's day YTMN!

Hey, same to you, Hank!

Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:44 pm

Gort wrote:
Hey, same to you, Hank!

I wasn't talking to you Gort. Actually, I didn't even know you were a father. :P

I had a pretty good father's day. The highlight was probably sitting down with the whole family and introducing the kids to The Princess Bride. The seven year old loved it and today has consisted of this:
Him: "Hello my name is... uh.. what's my name again?"
Me: "Inigo Montoya"
HIm: "Hello my name is Indidough Montana... you killed my father... prepare to die!"

The two four year olds also liked it... my daughter wants to be Buttercup for Halloween. But it was nice to just all cuddle on the couch for a movie.

School is out, so there's that. I am not really a teacher who loves the summer break though. I'd prefer it to be one month with more consistent breaks throughout the year that can't be lost due to snow cancellations. I have too many ideas on how to change my lessons and new projects that I'd prefer to jump right back in and start teaching again. But, I'm going to be busy this summer. I've been accepted into several art shows. Hopefully they go well. My first of the year did. I was in the black 4 hours into the 3 day show! They rest was just enjoying the weather.

Welp, the 6 month old is crying... gotta run.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:14 pm
Profile WWW

Gort wrote:
So, how have you artists been getting along with your work the past couple months?

I crave an update.

Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:06 am
Profile WWW

I like!

What dimensions?

Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:23 pm

That one is 20"x20". It sold very quickly, so that's nice. Speaking of selling... are there any big art festivals down your way? I'm doing several this year, but part of me doing these shows is getting to go on a vacation but having the expenses cancelled out by me selling out. I'm kind of trying to make a 'bucket list' of shows and places to go.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:46 pm
Profile WWW

Hank wrote:
That one is 20"x20". It sold very quickly, so that's nice. Speaking of selling... are there any big art festivals down your way? I'm doing several this year, but part of me doing these shows is getting to go on a vacation but having the expenses cancelled out by me selling out. I'm kind of trying to make a 'bucket list' of shows and places to go.

I found this one quickly. But there are other arts festival throughout Arkansas. This page doesn't say anything about selling art, but I'm sure they must hold the event in part to give artists a marketplace.

There is a well-known artist who rents space in our church building for now. I'll try to remember to ask him about art festivals where you can hawk your wonder-wares! :) We shall extend your bucket list of places.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:49 pm

Thanks!

Speaking of bucket lists... I've been watching a lot of those type of movies lately. Yesterday I watched Apocalypse Now for the first time. Before that was The Elephant Man. Next up is The Thin Red Line. It makes me wonder what was it that kept me from watching these movies before now. I think part of it for Apocalypse Now was it's run time... But it breezed by. The pace was perfect and it certainly did not disappointed. The Elephant Man was wonderful as well... I have no idea why I hadn't seen it. I was even on a Lynch kick last year. I had watched all of Twin Peaks, Blue Velvet, and Mulholland Drive. I was impressed with The Elephant Man. It was Lynch without being too "Lynch".

The Thin Red Line is the last film by Terrence Malick I have yet to see.

Any films that you've intended to see for years but for some reason it just hasn't happened?

Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:00 pm
Profile WWW

Hank wrote:
Thanks!

Speaking of bucket lists... I've been watching a lot of those type of movies lately. Yesterday I watched Apocalypse Now for the first time. Before that was The Elephant Man. Next up is The Thin Red Line. It makes me wonder what was it that kept me from watching these movies before now. I think part of it for Apocalypse Now was it's run time... But it breezed by. The pace was perfect and it certainly did not disappointed. The Elephant Man was wonderful as well... I have no idea why I hadn't seen it. I was even on a Lynch kick last year. I had watched all of Twin Peaks, Blue Velvet, and Mulholland Drive. I was impressed with The Elephant Man. It was Lynch without being too "Lynch".

The Thin Red Line is the last film by Terrence Malick I have yet to see.

Any films that you've intended to see for years but for some reason it just hasn't happened?

I intended to see The Sting for 41 years, but never got around to it until the Frix DVD arrived yesterday. There's a comment about last night's viewing in the recently seen thread.

Elephant Man always reminds me of Truffaut's The Wild Child. Have you seen that one? Yeah, The Elephant Man was before ol' Dave was "David Lynch." There are hints, but I think Lynch arrived on the scene with "Dune." Maybe before.

Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:54 pm

Gort wrote:
There is a well-known artist who rents space in our church building for now. I'll try to remember to ask him about art festivals where you can hawk your wonder-wares! :) We shall extend your bucket list of places.

Hank, on Friday I spoke to said artist, who had a poster for us to put up in the building targeting the other artists in said building.

He is actually on the Board for ACANSA, which will have its first year in September, and he says that the intention is to have mostly local-to-Arkansas artists showing there. But he encouraged you to apply, anyway.

I suppose anytime you apply to these festivals they always favor local artists, don't they? Maybe some aren't "by invitation" though.

Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:59 pm

Gort wrote:
I intended to see The Sting for 41 years, but never got around to it until the Frix DVD arrived yesterday. There's a comment about last night's viewing in the recently seen thread.

Elephant Man always reminds me of Truffaut's The Wild Child. Have you seen that one? Yeah, The Elephant Man was before ol' Dave was "David Lynch." There are hints, but I think Lynch arrived on the scene with "Dune." Maybe before.

I have never seen The Sting in full. I remember my father renting it when I was young. 7 or 8 I'd guess. Anyway I don't remember much, but I remember why I didn't finish it... there was a scene where a woman was doing a striptease or some sort of dance... my dad stopped it and said we weren't going to finish it. He didn't know how far it was going to go. My younger self was disappointed.

I haven't seen The Wild Child either. Based on the description on IMDb, I can see why it would remind you of that though.

Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:52 pm
Profile WWW

Gort wrote:
Hank, on Friday I spoke to said artist, who had a poster for us to put up in the building targeting the other artists in said building.

He is actually on the Board for ACANSA, which will have its first year in September, and he says that the intention is to have mostly local-to-Arkansas artists showing there. But he encouraged you to apply, anyway.

I suppose anytime you apply to these festivals they always favor local artists, don't they? Maybe some aren't "by invitation" though.

Thanks for the heads up. I am holding off on applying to more shows until mid-july for this year... We are going to be doing an extended trip that will cover two different shows, and this is the first year that the foster boys have been involved. Hopefully that will cope alright with tenting out and eating over a fire. They had never slept in a tent before living with us. We have had some test runs in the back yard with mixed results.

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:04 pm
Profile WWW

Hank wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. I am holding off on applying to more shows until mid-july for this year... We are going to be doing an extended trip that will cover two different shows, and this is the first year that the foster boys have been involved. Hopefully that will cope alright with tenting out and eating over a fire. They had never slept in a tent before living with us. We have had some test runs in the back yard with mixed results.

Well, naturally when you have 6 personalities involved in a camping trip all 6 are not going to like the same things. And with 4 children present, not all 4 will even like camping out.

So, this is where parenting becomes an amazing juggling act that would astound anyone watching, if they actually knew all that was going on at once. For this reason I applaud you and Mrs Hank for taking in the three boys.

"I am so glad I did this, and I have never for an instant regretted the choice" isn't always a thing that you can both say and feel. Oh, it's always easy to say that line. But...there are probably instants during which any parent regrets having brought a child into the world, and any adoptive parent regrets having decided to adopt...but they are very brief moments, and in my experience are waaaay out-balanced by the moments when we can say, "I'm glad I did this."

Fortunately, it has been years since the bi-valent nature of human feelings has made me think that I was wretched. Instead, I now recognize this as proof that I am human. And I do my best to overcome the "lesser" moments. What else can you do?

I wrote all that down in case you ever have such a moment, and then you can remember that it's just you being you for a little while, recognizing a natural frailty within your very human self, and then you can get back to being the father of four, husband of a mother of four. :D You aren't in this alone.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:00 am

Since the project over at the Rematch thread ended on 25 May, there have been an additional 26798 page views.

That can't all be Hank and Genie going back for re-reads. ;) There has been only one new post since 31 May.

Bots wouldn't have anything new on page 31 of the thread that would attract that much analysis.

Lurkers. Genie was right, all along.

But with 559 content posts in the thread one determined reader would create a lot of page views if he/she went by links from post to post.

Why is this still taking thought cycles!?!!??!! Argh!

The Future Unreels

Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:13 pm

Gort wrote:
Well, naturally when you have 6 personalities involved in a camping trip all 6 are not going to like the same things. And with 4 children present, not all 4 will even like camping out.

So, this is where parenting becomes an amazing juggling act that would astound anyone watching, if they actually knew all that was going on at once. For this reason I applaud you and Mrs Hank for taking in the three boys.

"I am so glad I did this, and I have never for an instant regretted the choice" isn't always a thing that you can both say and feel. Oh, it's always easy to say that line. But...there are probably instants during which any parent regrets having brought a child into the world, and any adoptive parent regrets having decided to adopt...but they are very brief moments, and in my experience are waaaay out-balanced by the moments when we can say, "I'm glad I did this."

Fortunately, it has been years since the bi-valent nature of human feelings has made me think that I was wretched. Instead, I now recognize this as proof that I am human. And I do my best to overcome the "lesser" moments. What else can you do?

I wrote all that down in case you ever have such a moment, and then you can remember that it's just you being you for a little while, recognizing a natural frailty within your very human self, and then you can get back to being the father of four, husband of a mother of four. :D You aren't in this alone.

Thanks for this. "How are things with all those kids?" has been a tough question for me lately. Because it is tough...but rewarding. Unlike most people who have 4 kids... I got 3 of them overnight. I haven't raised them to be who they are. There are certainly moments where I think 'What in the world were we thinking?" and it's strange because in talking with people, I feel they want to know about those moments. I feel like they want to know about all the times it has been too stressful, too overwhelming. They say that they could never do it, and want to hear all the reasons why. But, honestly...overall it has been good. The worst part is work with the system and the parents. At this point, 6 months in, it looks like reunification will eventually happen. We're trying to prepare ourselves for that. The next hearing is in November, and all we can do is wait and see. It's a hard thing to wrap my brain around: in many ways I wish the parents the strength to bounce back. To do it for their kids. But at other times I just think "please just let them go. Let them stay with us."

Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:01 pm
Profile WWW

Hank, I fully understand your dilemma. I trust everything will work out for the best, but not necessarily with the least amount of pain. I, of course, wish you the least amount of pain!

It's good for the three boys that you feel the way you do. You are willing to keep them to the point of more or less hoping that you can. At the same time, you are willing to let them go back to their parents if that's what is decided by the court.

It's tough. I've never been in such a situation.

Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:37 am

My mother (84 years old) has had her second trans ischemic accident, what they call a "mini-stroke" in less than 3 weeks.

She had one on the 10th of June, and after it I began to hear reports from people whose mother/aunt/grandma/uncle/father/etc had had multiple TIAs.

I'm about to go up to stay the night with her and let my brother come home and eat.

Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:40 am

Gort wrote:
My mother (84 years old) has had her second trans ischemic accident, what they call a "mini-stroke" in less than 3 weeks.

She had one on the 10th of June, and after it I began to hear reports from people whose mother/aunt/grandma/uncle/father/etc had had multiple TIAs.

I'm about to go up to stay the night with her and let my brother come home and eat.

How is your mother doing?

My last living grandparent is not doing too well. He came in from Wisconsin to visit and thought his son was kidnapping him. One night he and I were sitting on the patio looking out over the farm and he asked me where I was taking him. He asked me not to drive so fast where ever we were going. The next day he was perfectly normal though.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:13 pm
Profile WWW

Well, let's see, she had what they are now calling strokes on June 10, June 30, and July 6. The three strokes were all along the same blood vessel in the thalamus region on the left side of her brain. The neurologist told me that is not an uncommon situation. She also said that, although mom's symptoms were the same in all three cases, there could have been different symptoms from the same events.

At first Mom was easily confused and her memory of the times around each incident was muddled. Later, as it turns out, we realized that her sense of time has been damaged by the events. But she has no speech problems, can walk (although slower) the way she used to do. There are some persistent effects, but she doesn't seem "different."

What's different is that we don't know when the next one will happen (if ever) or how severe it will be.

On the night after her second stroke I told myself "Mom is gone" but by the next morning she was back, understood for the first time that she has memory problems, and felt vulnerable in a way she never had before.

I'm learning a lot about life from this experience. For one thing, it isn't free of surprises even when you complete your third score of years (or fourth, in my mother's case).

I hope your grandfather does well. That's a funny story in retrospect, thinking he's in a car when he isn't. But in the moment it can be very troubling, not only for the person having the "hallucination" but for those with him/her. Is he still visiting with you?

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:11 am

Hey Gort! How's life without Rematches? (I figure you are probably still bouncing ideas around in your head though... if I know you at all)

Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:58 am
Profile WWW

Hank wrote:
Hey Gort! How's life without Rematches? (I figure you are probably still bouncing ideas around in your head though... if I know you at all)

Life without Rematches has been very busy otherwise, although you are right: Some ideas are bouncing around. I know you saw the posts in the thread about the NQ Remake Rematches.

Well, I'm also working on A Tarzan Remake Rematch, and a Batman Multimatch with four sources. And I have a new thread idea based on a book I bought for the Rematches at the end of Round Three, Reel Future, which has 16 written sources that were made into Science Fiction feature films.

I have these started, but income-producing work is taking a lot of my time, and I don't get to watch a film a day as I did for a long time, much less write torrents of words about them.

Your distractions from the forum are a lot more self-less and interesting, though!

How's work coming? You entered any of those shows you were writing about a while back? I had hoped to see Inspired by... crank up again. But it's tough being a landlord, husband, and father to four all at the same time, plus a painter and teacher to boot.

I hope your parents are well. I haven't seen any messages about anything bad happening to them. I trust all is well at your house. I certainly hope so.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:38 am

That new thread idea seems to have some promise...I should look into that book. I've been into books lately. Reading Watership Down currently. And to my kids at night I am reading the 4th book in the Chronicles of Narnia. And in the car am listening to the audiobook of Inherent Vice (since the trailer looked so fun). I'm glad that you have some income-producing work to fill your time!

I did well at my art shows over the summer... in fact I might have something HUGE brewing as far as my art goes. Let's just say I got a very exciting (although not definite) email about 2 weeks ago about my work. Also, I'm no longer a landlord! Woohoo! We unloaded the old place. I was commissioned for two more Film Reviews ala Inspired By... by someone at a show. I should resurrect that thread. I have a bunch I could post in there. Maybe I will find the time in the upcoming weeks. I just always told myself I wasn't going to bring it back until I was done with the ones originally recommended... and I still have like 4 or something on that original queue. My parents are doing well. Mother hasn't had any issues since dealing with breast cancer 4 years ago.. so that's great.

Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:15 am
Profile WWW

I was thinking Gort could start venturing into Comicbook movie territories since so many movies have been remade haha. He could do obscure titles that have rarely never been seen like Fantastic 4 or the Original Captain Americas. Or he could do remakes from different countries like Eat Drink Man Woman from Taiwan was remade into Tortilla Soup here in America but with a Hispanic cast. And Gort have you read that Console Wars book?

Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:11 pm
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
I was thinking Gort could start venturing into Comicbook movie territories since so many movies have been remade haha. He could do obscure titles that have rarely never been seen like Fantastic 4 or the Original Captain Americas. Or he could do remakes from different countries like Eat Drink Man Woman from Taiwan was remade into Tortilla Soup here in America but with a Hispanic cast. And Gort have you read that Console Wars book?

Sadly, I have not.

You may write, "shame on you." I've been quite busy, and I've been reading things. Just not that. :shifty:

Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:21 pm

I'm always up for reading Gort's thoughts on movies. So informative and full of insight.

I once began to develop a thread comparing books to their film counterparts. I know that I was planning on starting with The Princess Bride.

Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:25 am
Profile WWW

Hank wrote:
I'm always up for reading Gort's thoughts on movies. So informative and full of insight.

I once began to develop a thread comparing books to their film counterparts. I know that I was planning on starting with The Princess Bride.

But you got busy, right? ;)

I just scrolled through the first page of your flickr account. You've been getting into the unbroken line technique quite a bit. Your art just becomes more fascinating for me. And the breadth of your capability in terms of technique is marvelous. You should teach art. ;)

/mutualadmirationsociety :D

Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:32 am

Gort wrote:
But you got busy, right? ;)

I just scrolled through the first page of your flickr account. You've been getting into the unbroken line technique quite a bit. Your art just becomes more fascinating for me. And the breadth of your capability in terms of technique is marvelous. You should teach art. ;)

/mutualadmirationsociety :D

Thanks, Gort. I've been spending my time going from series to series. I'll get into the continuous work, then my hand will hurt or I'll have no patience... so I'll move on to painting landscapes. Then I'll do a film review or an inkwash.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:45 am
Profile WWW

Hank wrote:
... in fact I might have something HUGE brewing as far as my art goes.

I got an email today from a gallery in New York City with a contract for 18 months worth of representation. I haven't signed the contract yet... but it's sitting in my inbox. :shock:

I can't wrap my brain around it at the moment.

Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:52 am
Profile WWW

Congrats Hank! Still combing over the finer details?

Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:18 am
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
Congrats Hank! Still combing over the finer details?

Yeah, kind of. I'm also waiting for my wife to come home so I can show her. :D

Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:32 am
Profile WWW

Hank wrote:
Yeah, kind of. I'm also waiting for my wife to come home so I can show her. :D

Tis a big deal! That's like Big time! Getting called up to the Majors. :)

Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:26 pm
Profile YIM

Don't buy a Lexus just yet.

But it sounds like a potentially good move. I know less about the contract than you told us yesterday, though. So don't listen to me.

Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:57 am

Hank wrote:
I got an email today from a gallery in New York City with a contract for 18 months worth of representation. I haven't signed the contract yet... but it's sitting in my inbox. :shock:
Oh, wow, Hank. That's exciting!

Wonder Woman ▪ The Running Man ▪ Mohabbatein ▪ Veer-Zaara ▪ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ▪ Pierrot le fou ▪ Highway ▪ Leningrad Cowboys Go America ▪ Band Baaja Baaraat ▪ Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi ▪ Jab We Met

Voyage | Female Gaze | MACBETH | Sokurov | Fassbinder | Greenaway | Denis | Book Shelf

Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:53 am

So, Hank, are you just keeping Crew members hanging, or are the owners of that gallery in NY still hanging, also? 8-)

Which gets us to the question, will your works be hanging there for the next year and a half?

Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:37 pm

I have emailed back and forth with the owner with some minor questions. Basically, they are going to take 8 of my paintings to start and then somewhere around the mid-point of the contract they will take a look at any new work I've done and select 8 more. I will be represented on their e-commerce sites and my work will appear as ads in some art magazines. The contract is to be returned by Dec. 14th and will begin once my art has been selected and delivered. :fresh:

I really don't know what to make of all this. It was kind of a long-term goal to show in NYC... I never expected to be there this soon in life, and in fact had made very little effort to go in that direction. I'm kind of unsure where to set my goals now, actually. I guess "to sell a piece in NYC". :P

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:09 am
Profile WWW

Your goal now is to "sell out". :P

Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:16 am
Profile YIM

Hank, how did these people learn about you?

Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:57 pm

I'm not completely sure, really. One of their marketing coordinators "came across (my) website and thought that (I) might be interested in submitting a portfolio for representation." I don't know how she found my site though. Surely not through randomly Googling my name. I have assumed through this point that she got my contact info from one of the art festivals that I did this past year. Perhaps the show in the Berkshires, since it has a lot of New York attendees. I suppose it's possible that she got it from one of the artists I met at said shows and I have been keeping in contact with. I am still a little curious about the origins of this adventure.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:04 am
Profile WWW

Hi guys. Not sure who a lot of you are (what your RT names are/were), but figured this was the intro thread. Just looking for another outlet since RT is rather shriveled and I dumped facebook.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:31 am

Welcome, Looka! This isn't really a intro thread, but a perfectly good thread to introduce yourself in. Years ago over in RT this thread existed as the 2k Crew... There are some much more active social threads than this one on this forum, but I'm glad to see some new users.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:16 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6917 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 139  Next