It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 65110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1298, 1299, 1300, 1301, 1302, 1303  Next
 The YMCA Club 

Which social thread has the worst group of people?
Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:42 pm
hamsterdam 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
m&m 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 22

The YMCA Club 
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Is "white" an insult now? Lol

Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:22 am

Bandy Greensacks wrote:
Is "white" an insult now? Lol
You tell me

Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:39 am

We are the people. Aaron Sorkin is a decidedly unwoke white guy. Do you see the difference?

What's that one philosophy Kayden Kross always throws at me... that bourbon commercial tagline... uh... "Life is decay then we die"? How's that white man's burden treating you, Kayden? What with your bar with the framed picture of what'sherface hanging up and to the right of

Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:44 am

"White" is an insult towards people who see things in "black and white" and not as a spectrum. It's like admitting that you are just the most basic condiment to ever appear on the cultural bread

Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:46 am

I'd say the phrase you're looking for is "white bread"

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:08 am

Bandy Greensacks wrote:
I'd say the phrase you're looking for is "white bread"
I feel that the glob which you slather on a slice of wonder bread is far less noble

Mayo is, in fact, the new "white bread". THE ZEITGEIST SPOKETH

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:45 am

The Nameless One wrote:
We are the people. Aaron Sorkin is a decidedly unwoke white guy. Do you see the difference?

What's that one philosophy Kayden Kross always throws at me... that bourbon commercial tagline... uh... "Life is decay then we die"? How's that white man's burden treating you, Kayden? What with your bar with the framed picture of what'sherface hanging up and to the right of

1. Life sucks, and then you die.
2. I said it once.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:50 am

You guys need to chill and listen to some David Wise. Here is possibly his greatest track and his favorite from Donkey Kong Tropical freeze.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:50 am
Profile YIM

Rick and Morty is fantastic. I don't give a shit about what Dan Harmon thinks or believes in.

The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:25 am

The Nameless One wrote:
He's a white overweight alcoholic piece of trash whose understanding of the dark arts amounts to not much less than a primer on Nietzsche taught by a white, overweight alcoholic piece of trash in a community college

He's far too much of a sentimentalist to be a low-brow Nietzsche philosopher. To me his idea's seem to be more about how the institutions that surround us can drive us insane, but it's our connection to something, whether personal, or pop culture, that gives us some motivation to continue each day.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:18 pm

Those so called institutions driving nuts are privileges compared to what I've been through. I mean, sure, perspectives and what not and everything is bad for everyone always but holy shit IT'S NOT NEARLY AS BAD AS YOU THINK

Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:28 pm

WAH WAH I HAVE TO WAKE UP AND GO TO CLASS WHICH MY RICH PARENTS PAY FOR, MY LIFE HAS NO MEEEEEANING

Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:29 pm

But we'll always have Simpsons reruns!

Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:30 pm

The Nameless One wrote:
Those so called institutions driving nuts are privileges compared to what I've been through. I mean, sure, perspectives and what not and everything is bad for everyone always but holy shit IT'S NOT NEARLY AS BAD AS YOU THINK

did Thanksgiving dinner get fished out of a dumpster?

Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:41 pm

Joss Whedon wrote:
did Thanksgiving dinner get fished out of a dumpster?
You got a thanksgiving?

Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:52 pm

I'm currently looking into having my last name legally removed. I don't talk to my parents, I talk to a lawyer. I don't remember the last thing my mom has said to me. I couldn't tell you what I had during the last thanksgiving I have attended. There is not a single person within my family I am in contact with, and all of two actual people. Ask me how my day is going

Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:00 pm

The Nameless One wrote:
You got a thanksgiving?

if a bunch of cats taped together to make a turkey is a Thanksgiving, then yes

Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:00 pm

I know I'm late on this, Evil, but did Mrs. Sipid have a nice birthday?

Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:59 pm

The only bad thing about my relatives is that they are Republicans. Still love em anyways, I guess.

"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)

Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:20 pm

YES.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:46 am
Profile YIM

Thank god Natalie Portman is gone.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:11 am

But I think she's a good actress...

Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:49 am

iZombie y'all. Tis the show of shows.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:38 am

I need more podcast themed shirts. Get better shirts Spontaneanation.

Stu wrote:
But I think she's a good actress...

You're wrong.

Okay. That was harsh. But she wasn't a great fit in this universe.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Good actors/actresses can usually make something out of bad scripts. Portman can't do this yet, although she shines with good writing.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:44 pm

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:
Good actors/actresses can usually make something out of bad scripts. Portman can't do this yet, although she shines with good writing.

LIke who?

Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:55 pm
Profile YIM

It's been a while since something overrode my EVERYTHING IS SHIT directive. THOR: RAGNAROK

Generally I gotta take some time and sort life out, so, infinity hiatus until, I dunno, infinity gauntlet? At least I'm telling everyone as opposed to Obscure who I assume is currently chilling in San Junipero on one of his EVE Online space pirate yachts

Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:02 pm

I mean, I could message him on steam but that's weird and spooky and I literally just don't unless it's the one or two times with Q&T. Internet communication just doesn't really do it for me

Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:04 pm

Thor 3 looks like fun. The series really has not lived up to its full potential but there is hope yet.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:21 pm

Rest in peace, Charlie Murphy...

Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:22 am

Just paying my respects to Charlie Murphy, may he rest in peace

Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:59 am

...I had noooooo idea Eddie Murphy had a brother. This is awkward

Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:00 am

and he was funnier

Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:29 pm

In the later years yes. But you're saying Charlie Murphy funnier than CLASSIC Eddie Murphy? Nah.

Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:53 pm
Profile YIM

I think the last 30 years of Eddie's career has blinded me to the brilliance of his first 5

Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:28 pm

The behind the scenes footage of him getting "into character" as Buck Nasty always cracked me up:

Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:31 am

Coworkers, stop arguing. I don't want to listen to your voices.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:32 am

Ace wrote:
LIke who?

Ewan McGregor with the Star Wars prequels, Raul Julia in Street Fighter, Alan Rickman in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Jodie Foster in most of her films, etc.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:53 pm

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:
Ewan McGregor with the Star Wars prequels, Raul Julia in Street Fighter, Alan Rickman in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Jodie Foster in most of her films, etc.
I also remember you citing David Warner as an example of this, even in something as weak as Star Trek V, and to be honest... you weren't wrong about him in that regard. Dude's definitely always a watchable-ass thespian.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:38 pm

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:

Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:21 am
Profile YIM

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:
Jodie Foster in most of her films, etc.

THE FUCK YOU SAY, BOY

Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:23 am

I think he's saying that Jodie Foster herself is a good actress but sometimes she's given material which isnt that good.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:24 am
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
sometimes she's given material which isnt that good.

THE FUCK YOU SAY, BOY

Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:25 am

The WGA board member who was talking behind me in the UCB line sounded pretty dire about the possibility of a strike.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:57 pm

Stu wrote:
The behind the scenes footage of him getting "into character" as Buck Nasty always cracked me up:

May he rest in peace. Both Murphy Bros are funny.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:24 pm

Holy do I ever have a story to tell at the end of this freggin chapter. Easter! This all had to go down on Easter my life is a joke!

Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:25 am

The Nameless One wrote:
Holy do I ever have a story to tell at the end of this freggin chapter. Easter! This all had to go down on Easter my life is a joke!
:( What's wrong, Nameless?

Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:37 am

Stu wrote:
:( What's wrong, Nameless?
I uh. I am at the Mayfair mall starbucks wifi hotspot. My parents and I fight and... it will take a lot to break this all down. So, I live in an abusive family. This is why I am angry. Combined with quitting smoking this made me very angry. Not criminally angry, just angry. I put a couple holes in the drywall of my bed area after being startled awake (head injuries are tough). That problem has been solved... but I did get a noise complaint this week fighting with dad on the phone - basically, he is hell bent in thinking I have a serious drug addiction and undermines any idea that this could maybe just be the years of abuse and untreated sympomatologies (I need different things, I can manage my head injury to a point). I smoke less than five cigarettes a day and WAS trying to quit before you started hounding me again. So after that noise complaint the police offer me a meeting with their counsillor, they were very understanding via my explanation. I told dad and he immediately cuts my cellphone service... and the next day hooie

So I send him some angry texts via wi fi saying dude, I am trying to hook up with the police and you are infracting on a disabled guys ability to do so. He shows up with four police officers who were told I sent a text saying I was going to jump off a seven story building (in victoria?). One of the cops lured him outside and they asked me the abuse questions such as if our relationship has ever gotten physical, it has, and they gave me a victim services card. I agreed to go to the psychiatric intake for an interview and he lied to the psychiatrist and she told me, hence how I found out. I was immediately discharged on false pretense and I walk home and my internet is gone and I am to be evicted on the 15th... why did he silence me when trying to get in contact with social services I wonder? Because this family has been systematically abusing me for years maybe?

So yeah that is where I am at. Pressing charges against dad and the child abuser Troy. I wanted it to just be about Troy but frankly that I have gone this long without having any say on what is going on in my head is ridiculous

Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:09 am

I am sorry for being a nasty, edgy wreck, everyone. It was a tough battle after many.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:10 am

Fuck, I am really fucking sorry to hear that, Nameless. I hope your life turns for the better ASAP, and nothing like this ever, ever happens to you again...

Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 65110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1298, 1299, 1300, 1301, 1302, 1303  Next