It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 16977 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 340  Next
 The Video Game Thread 
Post Re: The Video Game Thread

I really could use a good stealth 'em up, hoping Dishonored 2 gives me that.

Deus Ex Mankind divided is pretty and actually has pretty good writing, the 'lumminati!?!?!?!' aspect of it aside but man the stealth is so dry, it's authentically 10 times better as a game if you just go 'fuck it, you have to die' sometimes and just make a mess of things. It's a good game/bad stealth game.

Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:56 pm

https://www.indiegala.com/stalker

Pricier bundle of the STALKER series, includes 35MM

Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:01 am
Profile WWW

I was pretty good at aikido

Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:00 pm
Post Re: Product Review Websites

Donaldknows wrote:
That is why you might want to choose party games for everyone to experiment with. This is usually a common happening. Well, there is nothing far on the truth. What’s more it is possible to make activities which might be more appropriate and individualized. Pilates also teaches knowledge of breathing and. Just imagine being stuck on traffic, using the hybrid technology, you might never waste precious and expensive fuel when the auto is running idle. For instance, in case you collect a particular kind of antique or vintage dishes, for instance Fiesta, it is possible to search Ebay for the piece you ought to complete your set. Familiarize yourself having its zooming capabilities along with features.
A jacuzzi uses colors to help healing not only from the body but also inside the mind. The Art of Aikido. All varieties of suggestions seem to get floating for bank card debt help.
http://nicksylvesterjust.flavors.me#Bed+By+Adam
http://orlandopirespen.flavors.me
http://dobletfinoprop.flavors.me#Your+I ... Easy+Learn

Sex and somewhat aerobic could also help you are sleeping well. Usually, an executive chair is quite a bit larger than regular. A gentleman’s watch, it has metal arrowhead markers and unique Tudor signature. I Have a Yeast Infection; Now What. Jones' angelic voice is pure vocal talent personified, and her sultry style is reminiscent of countless greats in the past. What is traded, bought and sold for the forex information mill something which could easily be liquidated, meaning it might be turned time for cash fast, or often times it's actually gonna be cash. - receiving charge cards for that you simply did not apply;. Scoring in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. However, I do advise caution on online art merchants since there are lots of fakes art pieces on auctions. The tiles can be purchased to suit your taste, along with spark your interest.

Other links:
http://kks.ucoz.net/index/8-2946

The Ultimate Reiki Package
relevant web-site

I'm gonna fuckin' get you!

Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:01 pm

Been playing Recore all day, 1. It's so weird to see 'microsoft studios' in front of a game that actually runs smoothly on a computer these days and 2. It's really fun, tight, snappy controls, fun platforming. It's a nice palette cleanse and a good throwback to the metroid 3-d's alien wonder and the 3-d platformers of the playstation era.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:02 am

It's weird seeing Keiji Inafune's name in front of a good game.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:16 am
Profile YIM

So Recore is a Kenji Inafune game with people who worked on Metroid Prime doing it or something? Plus it is Microsoft Game Studios *shudder*? I'm very curious about it, that is quite the complicated equation on paper but the Metroid/PS1 platformer mentality sounds like the one game I need

Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:36 am

From what I've played, I'd say that Keiji Inafune had very few hands in it, there's like, some mega-man esque robot designs, but that's it, the gameplay is very much structured like a Metroid game, you find more cores and skills to traverse further into the environment, movement is snappy and really clean, especially once you get a feel for how long jumps and mid-air boosts tend to last. there's combat but I've played enough that If it was repetitive, I'd be feeling it at this point. I've read some reviews complaining that there's too many diversions in the environment, but you can play it straightforward or really dig into the side stuff. It's very game-y, it makes no effort to hide that, and honestly I like that. I don't need layers of disbelief, I just want to go explore a cave with my cute robot dog and booster jump across tall obstacles. It's very much a pure platformer in that kind of spyro the dragon/mario 64 kind of way, you collect things and move through areas, but that part's the point, and it's really fun to do that. I will say that the story bits are intriguing, if not a bit typical. The world design is a pleasure to look around and it motivates you to just kind of poke around the world, to learn more about it.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:00 pm

Rockstar just posted this. Their whole page now seems to be Red Dead themed.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:26 pm
Profile WWW

^Bully 2 comfimed

Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:12 am

Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:29 am
Profile WWW

The Last Baron wrote:

Looks a lot like Naoto.

Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:29 am

Spent a few hours with CoD Infinite Warfare beta.

ugh.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:56 pm

okay, so anyone want to give some impressions of the new Gears of War, it's the first game of it's series on PC in like.. a decade? or something like that. How's the single player, seems they like scaled back the meatheadedness of the character designs with this 'reboot' crew. I'd like to give it a shot, but multiplayer will never be my jam, so it all hinges on how good the single player is for me.

Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:53 am

Isn't Gears of War Ultimate Edition on PC too? From what I gather yeah they toned down the Meathead stuff. People are saying it's the strongest in the series.

Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:16 am
Profile YIM

Das wrote:
From what I've played, I'd say that Keiji Inafune had very few hands in it, there's like, some mega-man esque robot designs, but that's it, the gameplay is very much structured like a Metroid game, you find more cores and skills to traverse further into the environment, movement is snappy and really clean, especially once you get a feel for how long jumps and mid-air boosts tend to last. there's combat but I've played enough that If it was repetitive, I'd be feeling it at this point. I've read some reviews complaining that there's too many diversions in the environment, but you can play it straightforward or really dig into the side stuff. It's very game-y, it makes no effort to hide that, and honestly I like that. I don't need layers of disbelief, I just want to go explore a cave with my cute robot dog and booster jump across tall obstacles. It's very much a pure platformer in that kind of spyro the dragon/mario 64 kind of way, you collect things and move through areas, but that part's the point, and it's really fun to do that. I will say that the story bits are intriguing, if not a bit typical. The world design is a pleasure to look around and it motivates you to just kind of poke around the world, to learn more about it.
This truly sounds like a dream game - like, every word here is mmm

Just wanted to loop back and question how it held up overall? Also, *gulp*, is it Windows 10 only?

Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:12 am

windows 10 only, though I'll give my current workplace credit where it's due, the games do actually run well, especially after the anniversary update.

I will say that it tapers off a bit as it goes on, but I liked Recore a lot, it's charming and game-y in the ways I wanted it to be.

Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:45 am

Anniversary Update runs great. But for businesses? Nope they been having nothing but trouble.

Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:53 am
Profile YIM

we talking about video games here, ace jeeeesus.

Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:04 pm

So this finally got a release date

Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:19 am
Profile WWW

Thanks for the words, I'm very afraid of undoing my carefully constructed 7 set up... I need someone to break down how Ableton runs on it compared to 7 before I go nuts, but urg. damn you Microsoft I want your dank content!

I'm taking the arcade stick plunge so I can maximize my Tetris: The Grand Master 3, Metal Slugs, and CAVE Bullet hell shmups (Everyone who has Steam must go buy Mushihimesama at the very least). Picked up the Qanba Carbon which is the bang for buck PC stick, not ideal for fighters but awesome for most games

I will 1c you yet, game. i will reach lvl 1000 in tgm3 master mode. I will salt those slugs

Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:27 am

EVE Online is going free to play next month

Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:25 am
Profile WWW

So are FIFA Gold packs a big deal?

Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:34 am
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
So are FIFA Gold packs a big deal?

Only if you play Ultimate Team. I prefer Pro Clubs, myself.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:26 am

Oh ok. Cuz I got a bunch a free ones from drinking Big Gulps.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:53 am
Profile YIM

How a forgotten ’80s gem created the formula for video game horror

Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:55 am

Nice article. I'm going to emulate the heck out of that

I suppose that it is Halloween? Better play Clock Tower

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:14 am

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/1910/

Really good deal in conjunction with the current Humble bundle, I got Day of the Tentacle for $2

Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:07 am
Profile WWW

Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:06 am
Profile WWW

Dishonored 2's narrative isn't great.
Dishonored 2's level design and mechanics are the best of the year, fucking easy.

There's a level later in the game that really, legitimately rivals the most innovative levels and twists in the Looking Glass Thief games, think The Sword or Return to the Cathedral levels of great level type stuff. And it's consistently on that kind of thief 1+2 level of 'good, open ended level design', especially once you accept that the game really wants you just adapt to what's happening, not reload for a perfect run, necessarily. That said, seamless ghost runs of the levels seem very doable, although a bit different from your normal way of sneaking, it emphasizes traversal, angle and height more than light and shadow, although darkness still helps you navigate undetected, in more interesting ways than the normal stealth 'standard'.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:05 am

Overwatch has a free weekend.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:12 am

Just discovered this full-fledged "demake" of Mario 64 done Mario Maker-style:

:shock:

Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:45 am

Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:47 am

Overwatch won GoTY
And Mass Effect looks good.

Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:23 pm
Profile YIM

Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:40 pm
Profile WWW

Who's playing FFXV?

Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:44 am

Das wrote:
Dishonored 2's narrative isn't great.
Dishonored 2's level design and mechanics are the best of the year, fucking easy.

There's a level later in the game that really, legitimately rivals the most innovative levels and twists in the Looking Glass Thief games, think The Sword or Return to the Cathedral levels of great level type stuff. And it's consistently on that kind of thief 1+2 level of 'good, open ended level design', especially once you accept that the game really wants you just adapt to what's happening, not reload for a perfect run, necessarily. That said, seamless ghost runs of the levels seem very doable, although a bit different from your normal way of sneaking, it emphasizes traversal, angle and height more than light and shadow, although darkness still helps you navigate undetected, in more interesting ways than the normal stealth 'standard'.

good to hear

Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:33 pm

Donkey Kong costs nearly $200. I need an emulator

Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:53 pm

Which Donkey Kong?

Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:41 pm
Profile YIM

It was Donky Kong Country

Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:21 am

I get Prey now, it's the sequel to Prop Hunt

Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:08 am
Profile WWW

Donkey Kong Country <3 It shouldn't be that expensive. Unless you're looking for a sealed copy.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:34 am
Profile YIM

Donkey Kong Country is maybe the best platforming series of all time, there's certainly an argument to be made.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:16 am

It cements it with Returns and Tropical Freeze being so good.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:07 am
Profile YIM

Mech Warrior is back. Wait, what?

Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:50 pm

The Guy in the Trenchcoat wrote:
Mech Warrior is back. Wait, what?
Have you played the SNES Mechwarrior and Mechwarrior 3050? They still hold up, worth the emulation.

Very cool series, wouldn't mind playing through the PC games again, but the SNES original is one of my favorite games. Something about it feels right in that DOOM sense of things

Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:11 pm

The Last Guardian demands patience, but even it seems tired of waiting

Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:25 pm

Ace wrote:
It cements it with Returns and Tropical Freeze being so good.

Honestly I prefer them to the originals, and that's saying something.

Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:36 pm

Battlefield 1 isn't the type of game I've normally spend a lot of time with, but it came with my Xbox One so I've been playing a little. I'm still way in over my head during the few multiplayer matches I've tried, but the campaign is surprisingly fantastic so far. Mostly going through the tank/stealth section so far and I've been taken aback by one of the more elegant "surprise" stealth campaigns I've played in a long time. The AI is a little dumb but I wasn't expecting this sort of thing to be so well integrated. The level design is excellent and I'm continually shocked by how beautiful this game looks on console.

In a word, I think that, far from favoring directors’ formal inventiveness, widescreen, instead, stifles it. It is, I’m more and more persuaded, if not the only, at least the main culprit for the expressive poverty of the image today. - Eric Rohmer
Vimeo / / / Flickr

Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:10 pm

Yes but it annoys me that in that section it tells you can do either or but it's more prudent to be stealthy since the map is pretty huge and you dont know how many enemies there are.

Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:53 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 16977 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 340  Next